&Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge, South Africa
Located in the Ngala Private Game Reserve in the heart of the Kruger National Park is the &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge. This offers incredible game spotting opportunities and access to some of the best areas for wildlife viewing in South Africa.
This classically styled game lodge is simply incredible. Offering complete luxury within the African bush, this is an outstanding option for both couples and families. With unfenced access to the Kruger National Park, home to the Big Five, guests will be spoilt for choice here. For couples the opportunity to sleep in the exceptional Ngala Treehouse is a once in a lifetime experience, embracing a rustic wilderness experience underneath the stars. Those on their honeymoon will also be spoilt with the option of candlelit dinners.
Families are perfectly looked after, there are family cottages, a family suite and WILDChild programme which equips children with lots of new knowledge and a thirst for adventure! The service is equally amazing with attentive staff ensuring you have the most relaxing stay with a safari experience tailored to you.
Whether African elephants, Cape buffalo or wild dogs are what you would like to see, the game viewing is amazing and without a doubt the highlight of many highlights here. After a morning game drive, walking safari or conservation experience, many guests choose to rest on the pool deck or cool off in the infinity-style swimming pool. There is also plenty of comfortable seating in the lounge and a bar overlooking the watering hole for post-safari relaxing. For those looking to be more active there is a fitness suite, or alternatively guests can opt to relax with one of the spa treatments available.
All guests stay on a full board basis and the lodge offers three meals daily as well as local drinks and refreshments whilst on game drives. Twice daily game drives and a nature walk with an experienced armed tracker are also included at a stay at the &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge.
- Cottage: king-size bed, en-suite bath and shower and furnished verandah
- Family cottage: two interconnecting suites with king-size or twin beds, en-suite bath and shower, outdoor shower and furnished verandah
- Family suite: two interconnecting bedrooms with king-size or twin beds, en-suite bath and shower, en-suite shower, living and dining area, furnished deck, swimming pool, private game vehicle and river view
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor dining room
- Outdoor dining
- Massage treatment room
- Fitness suite
- Outdoor fire pit
- Air conditioning
- Transfers to and from &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge from Ngala Airstrip
- Massage and beauty treatments
- WILDChild programme
- Additional childcare services
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Bush walks
- Specialist walking safaris
- Photographic safaris
- Private game drives
- Rhino notching experience
- Local community visit
- Scenic helicopter flight over Blyde River Canyon
- Ngala treehouse retreat
- Kosher dietary requests (must be booked in advance)
Please note some extras are at an additional charge, please speak to a specialist as some may be included in your stay
- The best time to go: May to September
- International travel: London to Johannesburg direct; flight time approximately 11 hours and 15 minutes
- Internal travel: Johannesburg to Ngala Airstrip; flight times approximately 55 minutes
- Transfer time: 45 minute drive from Ngala Airstrip
- Currency: South African Rand
- Languages: English, Afrikaans also widely spoken
- Child policy: all children welcome
Photo credit: andBeyond
“An amazing location in the game-rich Kruger National Park helps make the &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge a fantastic choice. This location combined with the superbly finished lodge, luxurious facilities and the impeccable service make it one of the best options in the popular Kruger area.”